Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Classroom of Life



At this moment I am on a lunch break. I am finishing my masters program at BIOLA University in Southern California. Something exciting happens when sitting at my desk.  I become a student again.

·        I am reminded of how little I know.
·        I am reminded that I cannot grow in a vacuum .
·        I am reminded that I need others in my life to go to another level.
·        I am reminded of how exciting “discovery” is.
·        I am reminded that I am educated beyond my ability to apply what I’ve learned.
·        I am reminded that what I know now will reach a status quo in my life until I learn more.

I am inviting you to join me this summer in the classroom. Sit in the chair of the desk of learning and see if God doesn’t move in your life as a “student” as he is moving in mine.  Our classroom at BP is called The Deep End. These are a series of summer workshops designed to inspire a deeper reflection in our spiritual lives and a greater understanding of Biblical truth.

The workshop environment allows for interaction with a topic that engages you in interesting, fun, and creative ways. Each workshop is two hours long. They are taught by instructors who have a passion and expertise in their field. If you’re bored in your status quo, ready to go further, or wanting to be stretched, the Deep End is a great next step. Click here to see this summer’s topics and to register.

Location:   130 Arnold Mill Park, Suite 100, Woodstock-top of the parking lot.
When:  Sunday nights
Time:  6:00 – 8:00 PM
Childcare: From toddlers to 5th grade. (Drop off at Tree Top Building)


No comments: