Thursday, September 27, 2012

Just a volunteer? Are you kidding me?!?!



This week I was privileged to sit in on a Host Team Meeting for volunteers who serve as greeters, hospitality hosts, and ushers on Sunday mornings. This team is critical to creating the special welcome we want every person to feel when they experience BP. This team is under the exciting direction of Susan Godfrey, one of our newest lead team members. Hearing the vision, passion and conviction about what they do pumped me up so much that I felt like lifting weights  … and I don’t lift weights.

So I get mad when some says, “I’m just a volunteer!” I want to shake that person silly and say, “Are you kidding me?”  
Do you realize that …

·         God our Creator has shaped us to make a difference and we will not fulfill our deepest longing until we feel important, valued, and needed?

·          God chooses to roll the dice to use ordinary people like us to transform the world?

·          Eternity is for real and that reality compels us to live on purpose with a sense of excitement, passion and urgency?

This coming Sunday you will have the opportunity to catch this vision and be a part of the Volunteer Team at BP. Following the service there will be 8 stations in the lobby that will represent tangible ways you can make a difference.

·      Pre-School Kids
·      Elementary Kids
·      Students (Middle School / High school)
·      Host Services
·      Worship Band
·      Technical Arts (audio/lighting/video production/editing)
·      Life Group Leader
·     Set-up/Tear-down (in worship center and children's area) 

Each station will have a brief write up on volunteer opportunities. A team leader will be available to answer your questions. We will end the service slightly early to give you time to browse before you pick up your children.

Wow! “Just a volunteer?” This is too much! I’m going to go lift some weights ….

No comments: